3D Printing in Biotechnology: Current Technologies and Applications
3D Printing in Biotechnology: Current Technologies and Applications explains the basic designs and recent progress in the application of 3D printing within various biotechnology fields. The book is a compilation of the basic fundamentals, designs, current applications, and future considerations related to this emerging technology, and summarizes the promising application of 3D bioprinting. Chapters contain detailed state-of-the-art knowledge to assist in the development and design of 3D printers, with applications in the medical, food, and environmental fields. This book will appeal to researchers and students from different disciplines, including materials science and technology, food, agriculture, and various biomedical fields.
The content includes industrial applications and fills the gap between the research conducted in the laboratory and practical applications in related industries.
- Offers an introduction to the emerging technologies and sectors in the field of 3D printing
- Discusses the development of sustainable materials and bio-inks
- Provides a guide for medical professionals and practitioners to incorporate current 3D printing technology into their medical practice
- Bridges the knowledge gap for current designs used in 3D printing technology for designing an efficient and innovative 3D printer
- Previews the technological basis for new farming practices and food engineering concepts utilizing 3D techniques