Agile development practices have been widely adopted in a variety of organizations, yet only a few tools are available to help make the practical process of managing agile teams less painful and more successful.
HP Agile Manager is a purpose-built SaaS-based Agile planning tool. HP Agile Manager provides a simpler, smarter way to manage collaborative development.
Liran Tal provides a practical, concise approach to using Agile Manager in a variety of settings to better plan, conduct, and manage software releases within development teams. His step-by-step approach will show you how to plan your product’s features, streamline the agile sprint process, work with user stories, and track defects throughout the development process.
Agile Manager can work for small startups, mid-sized teams, as well as scale up for bigger organizations as a cost-effective and flexible tool to apply agile techniques to improve your software development process.
What youll learn
- How to apply the concepts of agile management in software development teams to better execute and increase performance and delivery
- How a software release cycle works, how to manage sprints, set timelines, build a products backlog, and manage day to day team tasks
- How to leverage agile best practices to guide your team through effective release planning and team collaboration
- Understand and apply agile software delivery concepts such, estimating and prioritizing user stories. Streamlining sprints planning, execution, and retrospective
- How to setup, and use HP Agile Manager to effectively manage software lifecycle through agile methodology, and learn how to leverage Agile Manager’s flexible workflow to meet your team requirements and processes
- Using Agile Manager’s dashboards for real-time view into the current status of releases, and sprints to gain insights and pro-actively respond to changes, as well as tracking your team progress, work-load, and keeping an eye on tasks burn-down, or cumulative flow
Who this book is for
Developers, quality engineers, development team leaders and new managers will find this book to serve them well in learning and applying agile methodologies in their teams.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 – The Agile World
Chapter 2 – Getting Started with Agile Manager
Chapter 3 – Setup your Agile Manager
Chapter 4 – Building the Product Backlog
Chapter 5 – Streamlining work in the Release Backlog
Chapter 6 – The Dashboard
Chapter 7 – Helpful Resources and Support