An Ethical Guide to Cyber Anonymity: Concepts, tools, and techniques to protect your anonymity from criminals, unethical hackers, and governments
- Length: 322 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2022-12-16
- ISBN-10: 1801810214
- ISBN-13: 9781801810210
- Sales Rank: #6515470 (See Top 100 Books)
Dive into privacy, security, and online anonymity to safeguard your identity
- Leverage anonymity to completely disappear from the public view
- Be a ghost on the web, use the web without leaving a trace, and master the art of invisibility
- Become proactive to safeguard your privacy while using the web
As the world becomes more connected through the web, new data collection innovations have opened up more ways to compromise privacy. Your actions on the web are being tracked, information is being stored, and your identity could be stolen. However, there are ways to use the web without risking your privacy. This book will take you on a journey to become invisible and anonymous while using the web.
You will start the book by understanding what anonymity is and why it is important. After understanding the objective of cyber anonymity, you will learn to maintain anonymity and perform tasks without disclosing your information. Then, you’ll learn how to configure tools and understand the architectural components of cybereconomy. Finally, you will learn to be safe during intentional and unintentional internet access by taking relevant precautions.
By the end of this book, you will be able to work with the internet and internet-connected devices safely by maintaining cyber anonymity.
What you will learn
- Understand privacy concerns in cyberspace
- Discover how attackers compromise privacy
- Learn methods used by attackers to trace individuals and companies
- Grasp the benefits of being anonymous over the web
- Discover ways to maintain cyber anonymity
- Learn artifacts that attackers and competitors are interested in
Who this book is for
This book is targeted at journalists, security researchers, ethical hackers, and anyone who wishes to stay anonymous while using the web. This book is also for parents who wish to keep their kid’s identities anonymous on the web.