Angular Cookbook: Over 80 actionable recipes every Angular developer should know, 2nd Edition
Discover core concepts, advanced techniques, and end-to-end solutions for building production-ready applications
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook.
- Explore updated and new recipes to fill gaps in your knowledge while using Angular in production
- Discover industry best practices and tooling to enhance your development experience with Angular’s renaissance
- Gain an understanding of advanced Angular topics to become a proficient enterprise web developer
Angular has long been the framework of choice for web development projects of various scales, offering much-needed stability and a rich tooling ecosystem for building production-ready web and mobile apps. This recipe-based guide to Angular will help you build up your Angular expertise with a wide range of recipes across key tasks in web development and show you how to build high-performance apps.
In this second edition, the recipes have been updated, added, and improved based on developer feedback and new challenges. The first few chapters will show you how to utilize core Angular concepts such as components, directives, and services to get you ready for building frontend web apps. You’ll then develop web components with Angular and go on to learn about advanced concepts such as dynamic components loading and state management with NgRx for achieving real-time performance.
Later chapters will focus on recipes for effectively testing your Angular apps to make them fail-safe, before progressing to techniques for optimizing your app’s performance. Finally, you’ll create Progressive Web Apps (PWA) with Angular to provide an intuitive experience for users.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to create full-fledged, professional-looking Angular apps and have the skills you need for frontend development.
What you will learn
- Gain a better understanding of how components, services, and directives work in Angular
- Get to grips with creating Progressive Web Apps using Angular from scratch
- Build rich animations and add them to your Angular apps
- Manage your app’s data reactivity using RxJS
- Implement state management for your Angular apps with NgRx
- Optimize the performance of your new and existing web apps
- Write fail-safe unit tests and end-to-end tests for your web apps using Jest and Cypress
- Get familiar with Angular CDK components for designing effective Angular components
Who this book is for