Animating SwiftUI Applications: Create visually stunning and engaging animations for iOS with SwiftUI
- Length: 478 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2023-03-13
- ISBN-10: 1803232668
- ISBN-13: 9781803232669
- Sales Rank: #1259758 (See Top 100 Books)
Unleash the power of SwiftUI by building dynamic, cross-platform projects that will amaze their users
- Explore the basics of declarative programming and animation
- Understand the fundamentals of SwiftUI and animatable properties
- Learn while working on beginner-to-advanced level animation projects
Swift and SwiftUI are the backbone of Apple application development, making them a crucial skill set to learn. Animating SwiftUI Applications focuses on the creation of stunning animations, making you proficient in this declarative language and employing a minimal code approach.
In this book, you’ll start by exploring the fundamentals of SwiftUI and animation, before jumping into various projects that will cement these skills in practice. You will explore some simple projects at first, and then the book will transition into more advanced animation projects, incliuding building two complete game apps. Finally, you will learn how to integrate the SpriteKit framework into your SwiftUI code to create stunning scenes with smoke, wind, fire, rain, and snow scenes, by leverging and combining particle emitters into your SwiftUI animations.
By the end of this book, you’ll have created a number of different animation projects, and will have gained a deep understanding of SwiftUI that can be used to develop your own unique creations.
What you will learn:
- Understand the fundamentals of SwiftUI and declarative programming
- Master animation concepts like State variables and timing curves
- Explore various animation properties like hueRotation, opacity, and scale
- Create animations using SpriteKit and Particle Emitters
- Use key coding techniques to manipulate and transform images, text, views, shapes, and more
- Work with SwiftUI controls like Buttons, Sliders, Pickers, and more
- Add audio to your animations for an interactive experience
Who This Book Is For
This book is for aspiring SwiftUI developers who have a basic understanding of Swift. It can also be used by SwiftUI developers, UIKit developers, and iOS developers that are new to SwiftUI and want to improve their animation proficiency.