App Design Apprentice, 2nd Edition: A Non-Designer’s Guide to Making Better Mobile UI & UX
Learn modern app design with Figma!
App Design Apprentice guides you through designing modern mobile apps using fundamental design principles. If designing better UI and UX for mobile apps sounds difficult and time-consuming, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for intermediate iOS and Android developers who already know the basics of mobile app development but want to also learn how to design apps that look good.
Topics Covered in App Design Apprentice
- Figma: Learn the basics of a modern design tool.
- App Teardowns: Analyze and pick out the best parts of other well-designed apps.
- Wireframes: Explore what makes good app user flows.
- Reusable Components: Learn to create and use reusable components such as buttons and toolbars.
- Typography: Basics for communicating hierarchy, order, and emphasis.
- Color: How to create visual styles and palettes.
- Transitions and Animations: Create different transitions between screens to communicate relationships.
- Design Systems: Best practices for creating good app experience in each ecosystem.
One thing you can count on: After reading this book, you’ll have the knowledge needed to design modern mobile apps that are functional and look good.