Apps and Services with .NET 8, 2nd Edition: Build practical projects with Blazor, .NET MAUI, gRPC, GraphQL, and other enterprise technologies
Bestselling author Mark Price is back to guide you through the latest and most common technologies a .NET developer should know: Blazor Full Stack, ASP.NET Core MVC, ASP.NET Core Minimal APIs, .NET MAUI, gRPC, GraphQL, SQL Server, Cosmos DB, SignalR, Azure Functions, and more!
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free eBook in PDF format.
- Use specialized libraries to improve all aspects of your apps, including performance, security, and localization
- Harness the full potential of .NET using cloud-native data stores like Cosmos DB, and unlock scalability, performance, and resilience in your service implementations
- Unleash the capabilities of Blazor Full Stack and.NET MAUI to develop stunning, truly cross-platform apps for web and mobile
Elevate your practical C# and .NET skills to the next level with this new edition of Apps and Services with .NET 8.
With chapters that put a variety of technologies into practice, including Web API, gRPC, GraphQL, and SignalR, this book will give you a broader scope of knowledge than other books that often focus on only a handful of .NET technologies. You’ll dive into the new unified model for Blazor Full Stack and leverage .NET MAUI to develop mobile and desktop apps.
This new edition introduces the latest enhancements, including the seamless implementation of web services with ADO.NET SqlClient’s native Ahead-of-Time (AOT) support. Popular library coverage now includes Humanizer and Noda Time. There’s also a brand-new chapter that delves into service architecture, caching, queuing, and robust background services.
By the end of this book, you’ll have a wide range of best practices and deep insights under your belt to help you build rich apps and efficient services.
What you will learn
- Familiarize yourself with a variety of technologies to implement services, such as gRPC and GraphQL
- Store and manage data locally and cloud-natively with SQL Server and Cosmos DB
- Use ADO.NET SqlClient to implement web services with native AOT publish support
- Leverage Dapper for improved performance over EF Core
- Implement popular third-party libraries such as Serilog, FluentValidation, Humanizer, and Noda Time
- Explore the new unified hosting model of Blazor Full Stack
Who this book is for
This book is for .NET developers interested in exploring more specialized libraries and implementation fundamentals behind building services and apps.
You’ll need to know your way around .NET and C# quite well before you can dive in, so if you want to work your way up to this book, you can pick up Mark’s other .NET book, C# 12 and .NET 8 – Modern Cross-Platform Development Fundamentals, first.