Architectural Patterns and Techniques for Developing IoT Solutions: Build IoT applications using digital twins, gateways, rule engines, AI/ML integration, and related patterns
Apply modern architectural patterns and techniques to achieve scalable, resilient, and secure intelligent IoT solutions built for manufacturing, consumer, agriculture, smart cities, and other domains
- Get empowered to quickly develop IoT solutions using listed patterns and related guidance
- Learn the applications of IoT architectural patterns in various domains through real-world case studies
- Explore sensor and actuator selection, analytics, security, and emerging tools for architecting IoT systems
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
As the Internet of Things (IoT) expands and moves to new domains, architectural patterns need to enable faster digital transformation and more uniform development. Through numerous use cases and examples, this book helps you conceptualize and implement IoT architectural patterns and use them in diverse contexts in real-world scenarios.
The book begins by introducing you to a variety of IoT architectural patterns and then helps you understand how they are used in domains such as retail, smart manufacturing, consumer, smart cities, and smart agriculture. You’ll also find out how cross-cutting concerns such as security require special considerations in the IoT context. As you advance, you’ll discover all the nuances that are inherent in each layer of IoT reference architecture, including considerations related to analytics for edge/constrained devices, data visualizations, and so on. In the concluding chapters, you’ll explore emerging technologies such as blockchain, 3D printing, 5G, generative AI, quantum computing, and large language models (LLMs) that enhance IoT capabilities to realize broader applications.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned to architect scalable, secure, and unique IoT solutions in any domain using the power of IoT architectural patterns, and you will be able to avoid the pitfalls that typically derail IoT projects.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with the essentials of different architectural patterns and anti-patterns
- Discover the underlying commonalities in diverse IoT applications
- Combine patterns from physical and virtual realms to develop innovative applications
- Choose the right set of sensors and actuators for your solution
- Explore analytics-related tools and techniques such as TinyML and sensor fusion
- Overcome the challenges faced in securing IoT systems
- Leverage use cases based on edge computing and emerging technologies such as 3D printing, 5G, generative AI, and LLMs
Who this book is for
This book is for IoT systems and solutions architects as well as other IoT practitioners, such as developers and both technical program and pre-sales managers who are interested in understanding how various IoT architectural patterns and techniques can be applied to developing unique and diverse IoT solutions. Prior knowledge of IoT fundamental concepts and its application areas is helpful but not mandatory.