Articulate Studio Cookbook
- Length: 292 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2012-11-10
- ISBN-10: 1849693080
- ISBN-13: 9781849693080
- Sales Rank: #3553041 (See Top 100 Books)
Create training courses with Articulate Studio’s strong interactivity and rich content capabilities, all within the familiarity of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Complete your courses by creating Flash-ready presentations through familiar PowerPoint
- Employ Articulate Engage, Quizmaker and Encoder to make dazzling interaction, asses learners and add full-motion videos
- Practical recipes to get you moving on a specific activity without the extra fluff
More and more companies find they need to build their training courses internally. They are turning to tools like Articulate Studio because it is easy to use and doesn’t have a steep learning curve. If you are familiar with Microsoft PowerPoint in any way, you should feel right at home with Articulate Studio.
“Articulate Studio Cookbook” will get you ready to add Articulate Studio to your enterprise toolkit. This book gives you detailed yet simple steps to complete your training course. By following the clear steps in each chapter, you will gain an understanding of the software but also be able to complete specific tasks and common activities.
The good thing about this book is that you can start anywhere and get the information that you need for a specific activity. Cross-references are provided if there is a skill located elsewhere that you need to complete a task.
It can be frustrating to pick up a new piece of software and not know where to begin. With Articulate Studio, there is a whole suite of software to work with. You need to know how to work with Presenter, Engage, Quizmaker and Encoder to make great Articulate courses. Then, you’ll need to know how to put them all together in a way that makes a professional looking, cohesive and smooth-flowing course. We’ll make it easy to follow step by step until you have a professional course.
“Articulate Studio Cookbook” will help you go from Studio newbie to Studio guru. Dive in and choose your recipe.
What you will learn from this book
- Create a flash-ready course using Presenter and edit your course player
- Include Quizmaker in your courses to provide interaction and assessment
- Record, edit and prepare full-motion video using Video Encoder
- Creatively display interactive and rich content using Engage
- Combine all of the apps in the Articulate suite for a cohesive and engaging course
- Work with images and other multimedia to create a more visually appealing course
- Easily and simply create course elements
The cookbook style is a series of practical recipes which represent solutions to problems and popular activities in a concise but detailed manner.
Who this book is written for
If you are a beginning developer or just someone who has been asked to be the jack-of-all-design in your training department, then this book is a great starter. Having a working knowledge of PowerPoint is helpful but not essential. By simply following the steps, you will be able to create a clean, professional looking course.