Autodesk Civil 3D 2024 from Start to Finish: A practical guide to civil infrastructure design, modeling, and analysis
- Length: 422 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2023-04-14
- ISBN-10: 1803239069
- ISBN-13: 9781803239064
- Sales Rank: #679873 (See Top 100 Books)
Master Autodesk Civil 3D 2023 to develop real, project-specific, time-efficient civil infrastructure designs as an individual or an entire engineering team
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Reap the potential of Civil 3D and its partner software platforms
- Scale your workflows with a larger team and bigger projects while maximizing productivity
- Explore the design and modeling tools for enhanced functionality in Civil 3D
Autodesk Civil 3D can radically increase your civil engineering design and efficiency if you learn to make the most of its features and partner software platforms. Autodesk Civil 3D from Start to Finish will teach you how to leverage its strengths and scale efficiency to large teams.
With this book, you’ll uncover all the major features Civil 3D offers, from surface development to intelligent utility design as well as dynamic display work for smart document creation. You’ll learn to configure and manage your civil engineering designs and explore practical applications of tools and modeling techniques available within the software.
By the end of this book, you’ll have a thorough understanding of Autodesk Civil 3D along with its partner programs to strategize and improve your future projects.
What you will learn
- Understand civil project basics and how Autodesk Civil 3D helps achieve them
- Connect detailed components of your design for faster and more efficient designs
- Eliminate redundant workflows by creating intelligent objects to handle design changes smoothly
- Collaborate with distributed teams efficiently and produce designs swiftly and effectively
- Optimize 3D usage and decision-making, using a model-based approach on the impact of your designs and accelerate your career
Who this book is for
This book is for Civil Engineers, Environmental Engineers, Surveyors, Civil Designers, Civil Technicians, Civil 3D Professionals and InfraWorks Professionals looking to understand how to best leverage Civil 3D in their everyday designs. You’ll need to have a very basic understanding of Civil Engineering and Surveying workflows as well as a foundational understanding of Autodesk’s AutoCAD to make the most of this book. Basic understanding of Surveying, Civil/Environmental Engineering practices, and AutoCAD drafting knowledge is assumed.