Automotive Cybersecurity Engineering Handbook: The automotive engineer’s roadmap to cyber-resilient vehicles
Accelerate your journey of securing safety-critical automotive systems through practical and standard-compliant methods
- Understand how automotive systems can become vulnerable to cyberattacks
- Apply security controls to all vehicle layers for mitigating cybersecurity risks
- Find out how systematic secure engineering mitigates cyber risks while ensuring compliance
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
Replete with exciting challenges, automotive cybersecurity is an emerging domain, and cybersecurity is a foundational enabler for current and future connected vehicle features. This book addresses the severe talent shortage faced by the industry in meeting the demand for building cyber-resilient systems by consolidating practical topics on securing automotive systems to help automotive engineers gain a competitive edge.
The book begins by exploring present and future automotive vehicle architectures, along with relevant threats and the skills essential to addressing them. You’ll then explore cybersecurity engineering methods, focusing on compliance with existing automotive standards while making the process advantageous. The chapters are designed in a way to help you with both the theory and practice of building secure systems while considering the cost, time, and resource limitations of automotive engineering. The concluding chapters take a practical approach to threat modeling automotive systems and teach you how to implement security controls across different vehicle architecture layers.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned effective methods of handling cybersecurity risks in any automotive product, from single libraries to entire vehicle architectures.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with present and future vehicle networking technologies
- Explore basic concepts for securing automotive systems
- Discover diverse approaches to threat modeling of systems
- Conduct efficient threat analysis and risk assessment (TARA) for automotive systems using best practices
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of ISO/SAE 21434’s cybersecurity engineering approach
- Implement cybersecurity controls for all vehicle life cycles
- Master ECU-level cybersecurity controls
Who this book is for
If you’re an engineer wondering where to get started in the field of automotive cybersecurity or trying to understand which security standards apply to your product and how, then this is the book for you. This book is also for experienced engineers looking for a practical approach to automotive cybersecurity development that can be achieved within a reasonable time frame while leveraging established safety and quality processes. Familiarity with basic automotive development processes across the V-model will help you make the most of this book.