AWS Administration – The Definitive Guide – Second Edition: Design, build, and manage your infrastructure on Amazon Web Services
Leverage this step-by-step guide to build a highly secure, fault-tolerant, and scalable Cloud environment
- Learn how to leverage various Amazon Web Services (AWS) components and services to build a secure, reliable, and robust environment to host your applications on.
- Delve into core AWS service offerings with hands-on tutorials, real-world use case scenarios, and best practices.
- A self-paced, systematic, and step-by-step guide to learning and implementing AWS in your own environment.
Many businesses are moving from traditional data centers to AWS because of its reliability, vast service offerings, lower costs, and high rate of innovation. AWS can be used to accomplish a variety of both simple and tedious tasks. Whether you are a seasoned system admin or a rookie, this book will help you to learn all the skills you need to work with the AWS cloud.
This book guides you through some of the most popular AWS services, such as EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, EFS, CloudTrail, Redshift, EMR, Data Pipeline, and IoT using a simple, real-world, application-hosting example. This book will also enhance your application delivery skills with the latest AWS services, such as CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, and CodePipeline, to provide continuous delivery and deployment, while also securing and monitoring your environment’s workflow. Each chapter is designed to provide you with maximal information about each AWS service, coupled with easy to follow, hands-on steps, best practices, tips, and recommendations.
By the end of the book, you will be able to create a highly secure, fault-tolerant, and scalable environment for your applications to run on.
What you will learn
- Take an in-depth look at what’s new with AWS, along with how to effectively manage and automate your EC2 infrastructure with AWS Systems Manager
- Deploy and scale your applications with ease using AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Amazon Elastic File System
- Secure and govern your environments using AWS CloudTrail, AWS Config, and AWS Shield
- Learn the DevOps way using a combination of AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeDeploy, and AWS CodePipeline
- Run big data analytics and workloads using Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift
- Learn to back up and safeguard your data using AWS Data Pipeline
- Get started with the Internet of Things using AWS IoT and AWS Greengrass
Who This Book Is For
This book is for those who want to learn and leverage the rich plethora of services provided by AWS. Although no prior experience with AWS is required, it is recommended that you have some hands-on experience of Linux, Web Services, and basic networking.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. What’s New in AWS?
Chapter 2. Managing EC2 with Systems Manager
Chapter 3. Introducing Elastic Beanstalk and Elastic File System
Chapter 4. Securing Workloads Using AWS WAF
Chapter 5. Governing Your Environments Using AWS CloudTrail and AWS Config
Chapter 6. Access Control Using AWS IAM and AWS Organizations
Chapter 7. Transforming Application Development Using the AWS Code Suite
Chapter 8. Messaging in the Cloud Using Amazon SNS and Amazon SQS
Chapter 9. Powering Analytics Using Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift
Chapter 10. Orchestrating Data using AWS Data Pipeline
Chapter 11. Connecting the World with AWS IoT and AWS Greengrass