AWS for Solutions Architects: Build and migrate your workload to Amazon Web Services using the cloud-native approach, 2nd Edition
Grow your knowledge of AWS cloud and learn how to create robust, highly available, fault-tolerant, and scalable solutions.
- Understand AWS cloud automation, AWS networking, AWS cloud migration, and cloud adoption framework
- Explore AWS streaming analytics, big data design patterns, AI/ML, IoT, quantum computing, and blockchain
- Upskill yourself as an AWS solutions architect and explore details of the new AWS certification
AWS for Solutions Architects is a must-have guide for those interested in making the most of AWS and building scalable cloud solutions. This new edition will help you gain a solid understanding of the AWS platform before showing you how to use it to drive digital transformation. With a solution-focused approach to assembling essential AWS services, including reference architectures, this book will help you build cloud-native workloads and enterprise solutions in AWS.
To familiarize you with solutions architecture, the book includes detailed information on AWS well-architected design pillars, AWS cloud native design patterns, cloud anti-patterns, and the cloud-native aspect of modern software design in the AWS cloud platform. You’ll also learn about performance optimization, security, compliance, reliability, cost optimization, operational excellence, and sustainability. Moreover, you’ll gain detailed understanding of the automation of security, infrastructure, DevOps, disaster recovery, and high availability.
You’ll also learn about emerging technologies such as AI/ML, IoT, blockchain, and quantum computing in AWS. By the end, you will have become experienced in how to design industry and enterprise standard AWS architectures using the most appropriate services to fulfil your organization’s technological and business requirements.
What you will learn
- Optimize your AWS cloud workload for performance, reliability, high availability, operation, cost, and sustainability using AWS well-architected framework
- Become familiar with the AWS cloud adoption framework and methods to migrate your workload to AWS
- Apply cloud automation at various layers of application workload
- Discover deep networking to build a landing zone in AWS and hybrid cloud
- Identify common business scenarios and select the right reference architectures for them
- Explore the soft skills needed to become an efficient AWS solutions architect
Who This Book Is For
This book is for application and enterprise architects, developers, and operations engineers who want to become well versed with AWS architectural patterns, best practices, and advanced techniques to build scalable, secure, highly available, highly tolerant, and cost-effective solutions in the cloud. Existing AWS users are bound to learn the most, but it will also help those curious about how leveraging AWS can benefit their organization.
Prior knowledge of any computing language is not needed, and there’s little to no code. Prior experience in software architecture design will prove helpful.