Azure Cloud Adoption Framework Handbook: A comprehensive guide to adopting and governing the cloud for your digital transformation
Explore the methodologies and reasons behind successful legacy application moves to a hyper-space cloud, specifically Azure
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Discover tips and tricks to help you avoid common pitfalls and get up and running quickly
- Gain in-depth end-to-end knowledge of all things cloud to smoothen your learning journey
- Explore everything from formulating a plan to governing the cloud over the long term
You’ve heard about the benefits of the cloud and you want to get on board, but you’re not sure where to start, what services to use, or how to make sure your data is safe. Making the decision to move to the cloud can be daunting and it’s easy to get overwhelmed, but if you’re not careful, you can easily make mistakes that cost you time and money.
Azure Cloud Adoption Framework Handbook is here to help. This guide will take you step-by-step through the process of making the switch to the Microsoft Azure cloud. You’ll learn everything from foundational cloud concepts and planning workload migration through to upskilling and organization transformation. As you advance, you’ll find out how to identify and align your business goals with the most suitable cloud technology options available. The chapters are designed in a way to enable you to plan for a smooth transition, while minimizing disruption to your day-to-day operations. You’ll also discover how the cloud can help drive innovation in your business or enable modern software development practices such as microservices and CI/CD. Throughout the chapters, you’ll see how decision makers can interact with other internal stakeholders to achieve success through the power of collaboration.
By the end of this book, you’ll be more informed and less overwhelmed about moving your business to the cloud.
What you will learn
- Understand cloud adoption and digital transformation generally
- Get to grips with the real-world, day-to-day running of a cloud platform
- Discover how to plan and execute the cloud adoption journey
- Guide all levels of the organization through cloud adoption
- Innovate with the business goals in mind in a fast and agile way
- Become familiar with advanced topics such as cloud governance, security, and reliability
Who this book is for
This book provides actionable strategies for anyone looking to optimize their organization’s cloud adoption journey or get back on course, from IT managers and system architects to CXOs and program managers. Whether you’re an enterprise or a fledgling start-up, this handbook has everything you need to get started with your cloud journey. General IT knowledge and a basic understanding of the cloud, modern software development practices, and organizational change management concepts are all prerequisites.