Develop expertise in Azure to plan, guide, and lead a streamlined modernization process
- Explore core Azure infrastructure technologies and solutions
- Achieve smooth app migration and modernization goals with cloud design
- Master Azure architecture and adopt it to scale your business globally
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
Azure for Decision Makers provides a comprehensive overview of the latest updates in cloud security, hybrid cloud and multi-cloud solutions, and cloud migration in Azure. This book is a must-have introduction to the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, demonstrating the substantial scope of digital transformation and innovation that can be achieved with Azure’s capabilities.
The first set of chapters will get you up to speed with Microsoft Azure’s evolution before showing you how to integrate it into your existing IT infrastructure. Next, you’ll gain practical insights into application migration and modernization, focusing mainly on migration planning, implementation, and best practices. Throughout the book, you’ll get the information you need to spearhead a smooth migration and modernization process, detailing Azure infrastructure as a service (IaaS) deployment, infrastructure management, and key application architectures. The concluding chapters will help you to identify and incorporate best practices for cost optimization and management, Azure DevOps, and Azure automation.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to lead end-to-end Azure operations for your organization and effectively cost-optimize your processes ─ from the planning and cloud migration stage through to troubleshooting.
What you will learn
- Find out how to optimize business costs with Azure
- Strategize the migration of applications to the cloud with Azure
- Smooth out the deployment and running of Azure infrastructure services
- Effectively define roles, responsibilities, and governance frameworks in DevOps
- Maximize the utility of Azure security fundamentals and best practices
- Adopt best practices to make the most of your Azure deployment
Who This Book Is For
Azure for Decision Makers is for business and IT decision makers who want to choose the right technology solutions for their businesses and optimize their management processes. It’ll help you develop expertise in operating and administering the Azure cloud. This book will also be useful for CIOs and CTOs looking to understand more about how IT can make their business infrastructure more efficient and easier to use, which will reduce friction within their organization. Knowledge of Azure is helpful, but not necessary to get the most out of this guide.