Becoming an Enterprise Django Developer: Discover best practices, tooling, and solutions for writing and organizing Django applications in production
A Python web developer’s guide to exploring the Django development lifecycle, beyond the basics
- Expert tips to help you use the right packages, tools, and libraries and understand their scope for your project.
- Develop Django apps in any Windows, Mac or Linux environment.
- Learn best practices for creating a project structure made for better performance.
Django is a powerful framework but choosing the right add-ons that match the scale and scope of your enterprise projects can be tricky. This book will explore the multifarious options available for enterprise Django development. Countless organizations are already using Django and more are migrating to it, unleashing the power of Python with many different packages.
This practical guide will help you understand practices, blueprints, and decision-making tactics to put Django to work the way you need it. You’ll learn various ways in which data can be rendered onto a page and discover the power of Django for large-scale production applications. Starting with the basics of getting an enterprise project up and running, you’ll get to grips with maintaining the project throughout its lifecycle while learning what the Django application lifecycle is.
This book covers examples in Windows to give you a feel of working with tools such as Visual Studio that effectively manage large-scale Django applications. However, you’ll be able to use this book working on a Mac or Linux system too, providing you with suggested tools and commands to work with each exercise on every major platform.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to build and deploy a Django project to the web and implement various components into your site.
What you will learn
- Create and configure a proof-of-concept Django project on a local machine.
- Understand the steps and tools used to scale up a proof-of-concept project to production without going too deep into specific technologies.
- Explore core Django components and how to use them in different ways to suit your app’s needs.
- Find out how Django allows you to build RESTful APIs.
- Write and run test cases using the built-in testing tools in Django.
- Extract, parse, and migrate data from an old database system to a new system with Django and Python.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Django developers who want to learn the full-stack enterprise app development lifecycle. If you are a Python web developer looking to learn how to maintain a production website and explore Django beyond the basics, this book is for you. The book assumes intermediate-level knowledge of Python programming and the Django framework but is custom tailored for beginner developers too.