Beginner’s Guide to Instructional Design: Identify and Examine Learning Needs, Knowledge Delivery Methods, and Approaches to Design Learning Material
Applying instructional design principles to serve content just right!
- Covers concepts and methodologies for determining the learning objectives, study content, and the mode of delivery.
- Exclusive coverage of best practices for designing education and workplace training material.
- Includes strategies for designing and delivering online and classroom learning content.
This book aims to give instructional designers a better understanding of how learning science can be used in their work. Four real-world case studies illustrate educational needs and the associated solution, bridging theory and practice. Professionals can use the book’s templates and formats to create job aids, virtual training, and online learning storyboards.
The prominent ADDIE methodology for instructional material development is used throughout the book. The ADDIE model’s phases are taught and demonstrated using a variety of real-world scenarios. Gagne’s Events of Instruction, Kolb’s Experiential Model, and Merrill’s Principles of Learning are just a few of the foundational frameworks thoroughly presented with the examples. This book provides examples to show assessment strategies for verifying declarative knowledge and assessment tools for evaluating procedural knowledge. Information about authoring tools,LMSs and LXPs are also covered.
What you will learn
- Create synchronous and asynchronous online learning resources.
- Acquire familiarity with authoring tools and learning management systems.
- Conduct a job analysis to identify skill development and workplace learning opportunities.
- Examine the audience profile for educational, professional, and performance objectives.
- Assemble lesson plans for online training sessions.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for traditional educators, academics, corporate trainers, and instructional designers who wish to improve their knowledge of modern teaching techniques and give their audience a methodical and dynamic learning experience. The book is accessible to everybody, making no assumptions about the reader’s past knowledge.