Beginning Spring Data: Data Access and Persistence for Spring Framework 6 and Boot 3
- Length: 439 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Apress
- Publication Date: 2022-12-29
- ISBN-10: 1484287630
- ISBN-13: 9781484287637
- Sales Rank: #6421235 (See Top 100 Books)
Use the popular Spring Data project for data access and persistence using various Java-based APIs such as JDBC, JPA, MongoDB, and more.
This book shows how to easily incorporate data persistence and accessibility into your microservices, cloud-native applications, and monolithic enterprise applications. It also teaches you how to perform unit and performance testing of a component that accesses a database. And it walks you through an example of each type of SQL and NoSQL database covered.
After reading this book, you’ll be able to create an application that interacts with one or multiple types of databases, and conduct unit and performance testing to analyze possible problems. Source code is available on GitHub.
What You’ll Learn
- Become familiar with the Spring Data project and its modules for data access and persistence
- Explore various SQL and NoSQL persistence types
- Uncover the persistence and domain models, and handle transaction management for SQL
- Migrate database changes and versioning for SQL
- Dive into NoSQL persistence with Redis, MongoDB, Neo4j, and Cassandra
- Handle reactive database programming and access with R2DBC and MongoDB
- Conduct unit, integration, and performance testing, and more
Who This Book Is For
Experienced Java software application developers; programmers with experience using the Spring framework or the Spring Boot micro framework