Building Micro Frontends with React 18: Develop and deploy scalable applications using micro frontend strategies
Become a full life cycle developer by not only learning how to build micro frontends but also deploying and managing them efficiently in a cloud-native environment
- Go through strategies for building and deploying production-grade micro frontends on the cloud
- Explore the right choice and guiding principles to build different micro frontend patterns
- Learn how to use React the right way to build and deploy micro frontends with this step-by-step guide
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
Although deservedly popular and highly performant tools for building modern web applications, React and single-page applications (SPAs) become more and more sluggish as your applications and teams grow. To solve this problem, many large web apps have started to break down monolith SPAs into independently deployable smaller apps and components—a pattern called micro frontends. But micro frontends aren’t a perfect solution, but rather a double-edged sword. This book teaches you how to architect and build them with the right principles to reap all the benefits without the pitfalls.
This book will take you through two patterns of building micro frontends, the multi-SPA pattern and the micro apps pattern. You’ll find out which patterns to use and when, as well as take a look at the nuances of deploying these micro frontends using cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes and Firebase. With the help of this book, you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of state management, solving problems with routing, and deployment strategies between the different micro frontends.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to design and build a React-based micro frontend application using module federation and deploy it to the cloud efficiently.
What you will learn
- Discover two primary patterns for building micro frontends
- Explore how to set up monorepos for efficient team collaboration
- Deal with complexities such as routing and sharing state between different micro frontends
- Understand how module federation works and use it to build micro frontends
- Find out how to deploy micro frontends to cloud platforms
- Figure out how to build the right development experience for teams
Who this book is for