Building Python Web APIs with FastAPI: A fast-paced guide to building high-performance, robust web APIs with very little boilerplate code
Discover FastAPI features and best practices for building and deploying high-quality web APIs from scratch
- A practical guide to developing production-ready web APIs rapidly in Python
- Learn how to put FastAPI into practice by implementing it in real-world scenarios
- Explore FastAPI, its syntax, and configurations for deploying applications
RESTful web services are commonly used to create APIs for web-based applications owing to their light weight and high scalability. This book will show you how FastAPI, a high-performance web framework for building RESTful APIs in Python, allows you to build robust web APIs that are simple and intuitive and makes it easy to build quickly with very little boilerplate code.
This book will help you set up a FastAPI application in no time and show you how to use FastAPI to build a REST API that receives and responds to user requests. You’ll go on to learn how to handle routing and authentication while working with databases in a FastAPI application. The book walks you through the four key areas: building and using routes for create, read, update, and delete (CRUD) operations; connecting the application to SQL and NoSQL databases; securing the application built; and deploying your application locally or to a cloud environment.
By the end of this book, you’ll have developed a solid understanding of the FastAPI framework and be able to build and deploy robust REST APIs.
What you will learn
- Set up a FastAPI application that is fully functional and secure
- Understand how to handle errors from requests and send proper responses in FastAPI
- Integrate and connect your application to a SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) database
- Perform CRUD operations using SQL and FastAPI
- Manage concurrency in FastAPI applications
- Implement authentication in a FastAPI application
- Deploy a FastAPI application to any platform
Who this book is for
This book is for Python developers who want to learn FastAPI in a pragmatic way to create robust web APIs with ease. If you are a Django or Flask developer looking to try something new that’s faster, more efficient, and produces fewer bugs, this FastAPI Python book is for you. The book assumes intermediate-level knowledge of Python programming.