Cloud Auditing Best Practices: Perform Security and IT Audits across AWS, Azure, and GCP by building effective cloud auditing plans
- Length: 268 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2023-01-13
- ISBN-10: 1803243775
- ISBN-13: 9781803243771
- Sales Rank: #759708 (See Top 100 Books)
Explore tools, techniques, and practices to remove performance bottlenecks and enhance the stability of your Laravel and PHP web applications
- Get a complete view of what it takes to design and build a high-performing application with Octane
- Reuse objects across requests and execute application logic asynchronously
- Learn key elements to design and build a performance-optimized and production-ready application
Laravel Octane is a very powerful component in the Laravel ecosystem that can help you achieve remarkable app performance. With Laravel Octane, you will find tools (queues, cache, and tables) that facilitate a new asynchronous approach for improving application performance.
This book highlights how Laravel Octane works, what steps to take in designing an application from the start, what tools you have at your disposal, and how to set up production environments. It provides complete coverage of the strategies, tools, and best practices to make your apps scalable and performant. This is especially important as optimization is usually the overlooked part in the application development lifecycle. You will explore the asynchronous approach in Laravel and be able to release high-performing applications that have a positive impact on the end-user experience.
By the end of this book, you will find yourself designing, developing, and releasing high-performance applications.
What you will learn
- Understand the dynamics of the request life cycle in a classic Laravel application
- Explore possibilities with OpenSwoole and Roadrunner and choose the best solution for your application
- Analyze the potential bottlenecks of a classic web application
- Configure Laravel Octane with Roadrunner and OpenSwoole
- Implement functionality using asynchronous mechanisms and run tasks in parallel in the Laravel app
- Prepare the production environment to host Laravel Octane and its dependencies
- Understand the pros and cons of applying potential enhancements to your Laravel app
Who this book is for
The book is for existing Laravel developers who want to improve their software architecture, from a basic or standard architecture to a more scalable and performant one. Basic knowledge of Laravel fundamentals is required.