Cloud Security Handbook: Find out how to effectively secure cloud environments using AWS, Azure, and GCP
A comprehensive reference guide to securing the basic building blocks of cloud services, with actual examples for leveraging Azure, AWS, and GCP built-in services and capabilities
- Discover practical techniques for implementing cloud security
- Learn how to secure your data and core cloud infrastructure to suit your business needs
- Implement encryption, detect cloud threats and misconfiguration, and achieve compliance in the cloud
Securing resources in the cloud is challenging, given that each provider has different mechanisms and processes. Cloud Security Handbook helps you to understand how to embed security best practices in each of the infrastructure building blocks that exist in public clouds.
This book will enable information security and cloud engineers to recognize the risks involved in public cloud and find out how to implement security controls as they design, build, and maintain environments in the cloud. You’ll begin by learning about the shared responsibility model, cloud service models, and cloud deployment models, before getting to grips with the fundamentals of compute, storage, networking, identity management, encryption, and more. Next, you’ll explore common threats and discover how to stay in compliance in cloud environments. As you make progress, you’ll implement security in small-scale cloud environments through to production-ready large-scale environments, including hybrid clouds and multi-cloud environments. This book not only focuses on cloud services in general, but it also provides actual examples for using AWS, Azure, and GCP built-in services and capabilities.
By the end of this cloud security book, you’ll have gained a solid understanding of how to implement security in cloud environments effectively.
What you will learn
- Secure compute, storage, and networking services in the cloud
- Get to grips with identity management in the cloud
- Audit and monitor cloud services from a security point of view
- Identify common threats and implement encryption solutions in cloud services
- Maintain security and compliance in the cloud
- Implement security in hybrid and multi-cloud environments
- Design and maintain security in a large-scale cloud environment
Who this book is for
This book is for IT or information security personnel taking their first steps in the public cloud or migrating existing environments to the cloud. Cloud engineers, cloud architects, or cloud security professionals maintaining production environments in the cloud will also benefit from this book. Prior experience of deploying virtual machines, using storage services, and networking will help you to get the most out of this book.