Cracking the Data Engineering Interview: Land your dream job with the help of resume-building tips, over 100 mock questions, and a unique portfolio
Get to grips with the fundamental concepts of data engineering, and solve mock interview questions while building a strong resume and a personal brand to attract the right employers
- Develop your own brand, projects, and portfolio with expert help to stand out in the interview round
- Get a quick refresher on core data engineering topics, such as Python, SQL, ETL, and data modeling
- Practice with 50 mock questions on SQL, Python, and more to ace the behavioral and technical rounds
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
Preparing for a data engineering interview can often get overwhelming due to the abundance of tools and technologies, leaving you struggling to prioritize which ones to focus on. This hands-on guide provides you with the essential foundational and advanced knowledge needed to simplify your learning journey.
The book begins by helping you gain a clear understanding of the nature of data engineering and how it differs from organization to organization. As you progress through the chapters, you’ll receive expert advice, practical tips, and real-world insights on everything from creating a resume and cover letter to networking and negotiating your salary. The chapters also offer refresher training on data engineering essentials, including data modeling, database architecture, ETL processes, data warehousing, cloud computing, big data, and machine learning. As you advance, you’ll gain a holistic view by exploring continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD), data security, and privacy. Finally, the book will help you practice case studies, mock interviews, as well as behavioral questions.
By the end of this book, you will have a clear understanding of what is required to succeed in an interview for a data engineering role.
What you will learn
- Create maintainable and scalable code for unit testing
- Understand the fundamental concepts of core data engineering tasks
- Prepare with over 100 behavioral and technical interview questions
- Discover data engineer archetypes and how they can help you prepare for the interview
- Apply the essential concepts of Python and SQL in data engineering
- Build your personal brand to noticeably stand out as a candidate
Who this book is for
If you’re an aspiring data engineer looking for guidance on how to land, prepare for, and excel in data engineering interviews, this book is for you. Familiarity with the fundamentals of data engineering, such as data modeling, cloud warehouses, programming (python and SQL), building data pipelines, scheduling your workflows (Airflow), and APIs, is a prerequisite.