Cybersecurity Threats, Malware Trends, and Strategies: Discover risk mitigation strategies for modern threats to your organization, 2nd Edition
- Length: 584 pages
- Edition: 2
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2023-01-25
- ISBN-10: 1804613673
- ISBN-13: 9781804613672
- Sales Rank: #140171 (See Top 100 Books)
Implement effective cybersecurity strategies to help you and your security team protect, detect, and respond to modern-day threats
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free eBook in PDF format.
- Protect your organization from cybersecurity threats with field-tested strategies
- Understand threats such as exploits, malware, internet-based threats, and governments
- Measure the effectiveness of your organization’s current cybersecurity program against modern attackers’ tactics
Tim Rains is Microsoft’s former Global Chief Security Advisor and Amazon Web Services’ former Global Security Leader for Worldwide Public Sector. He has spent the last two decades advising private and public sector organizations all over the world on cybersecurity strategies.
Cybersecurity Threats, Malware Trends, and Strategies, Second Edition builds upon the success of the first edition that has helped so many aspiring CISOs, and cybersecurity professionals understand and develop effective data-driven cybersecurity strategies for their organizations. In this edition, you’ll examine long-term trends in vulnerability disclosures and exploitation, regional differences in malware infections and the socio-economic factors that underpin them, and how ransomware evolved from an obscure threat to the most feared threat in cybersecurity. You’ll also gain valuable insights into the roles that governments play in cybersecurity, including their role as threat actors, and how to mitigate government access to data. The book concludes with a deep dive into modern approaches to cybersecurity using the cloud.
By the end of this book, you will have a better understanding of the threat landscape, how to recognize good Cyber Threat Intelligence, and how to measure the effectiveness of your organization’s cybersecurity strategy.
What you will learn
- Discover enterprise cybersecurity strategies and the ingredients critical to their success
- Improve vulnerability management by reducing risks and costs for your organization
- Mitigate internet-based threats such as drive-by download attacks and malware distribution sites
- Learn the roles that governments play in cybersecurity and how to mitigate government access to data
- Weigh the pros and cons of popular cybersecurity strategies such as Zero Trust, the Intrusion Kill Chain, and others
- Implement and then measure the outcome of a cybersecurity strategy
- Discover how the cloud can provide better security and compliance capabilities than on-premises IT environments
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who is looking to implement or improve their organization’s cybersecurity strategy. This includes Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs), Chief Security Officers (CSOs), compliance and audit professionals, security architects, and cybersecurity professionals. Basic knowledge of Information Technology (IT), software development principles, and cybersecurity concepts is assumed.