This book explains use of data science-based techniques for modeling and providing optimal solutions to complex problems in civil engineering. It discusses civil engineering problems like air, water and land pollution, climate crisis, transportation infrastructures, traffic and travel modes, mobility services, and so forth. Divided into two sections, the first one deals with the basics of data science and essential mathematics while the second section covers pertinent applications in structural and environmental engineering, construction management, and transportation.
- Details information on essential mathematics required to implement civil engineering applications using data science techniques.
- Discusses broad background of data science and its fundamentals.
- Focusses on structural engineering, transportation systems, water resource management, geomatics, and environmental engineering.
- Includes python programming libraries to solve complex problems.
- Addresses various real-world applications of data science based civil engineering use cases.
This book aims at senior undergraduate students in Civil Engineering and Applied Data Science.