Deploying SharePoint 2016: Best Practices for Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining SharePoint Server 2016
This book shows you how to install, configure, and maintain the latest release of Microsoft’s popular SharePoint Server, SharePoint 2016. This latest version brings with it many changes for IT professionals. Read Deploying SharePoint 2016 to find out how to create a performant and stable SharePoint environment for your company.
What You’ll Learn
- Steps to install SharePoint Server 2016, both using the user interface provided by Microsoft, and by using PowerShell.
- Understand your authentication options and associated security considerations.
- Deploy add-ins, either from the store, or from your own custom app catalog.
- Configure Search Service Application using either the provided UI or PowerShell.
- Configure business intelligence components such as Excel Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and PowerPivot.
- Steps to migrate to SharePoint Server 2016 from either SharePoint Server 2010 or 2013.
- Understand approaches to high availability, disaster recovery, patching, and ways to monitor and maintain your SharePoint 2016 deployment once it’s up and running.
Who This Book Is For
Anyone tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining SharePoint Server 2016 in their organization. This book assumes some working knowledge of a previous release of SharePoint Server, such as SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2013.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to SharePoint 2016
Chapter 2: Designing a Physical Architecture
Chapter 3: Installing SharePoint Server 2016
Chapter 4: Configuring Authentication and Security
Chapter 5: Configuring Add-ins
Chapter 6: Configuring the Search Service Application
Chapter 7: Configuring the User Profile Service
Chapter 8: Configuring Productivity Service Applications
Chapter 9: Configuring Office Online Server for SharePoint
Chapter 10: Workflow Manager
Chapter 11: SharePoint and Exchange Integration
Chapter 12: Business Intelligence Service Applications
Chapter 13: Creating Web Applications and Site Collections
Chapter 14: Hybrid Scenarios
Chapter 15: Migrating to SharePoint Server 2016
Chapter 16: Implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery
Chapter 17: Patching SharePoint Server 2016
Chapter 18: Monitoring and Maintaining a SharePoint 2016 Deployment