Designing Production-Grade and Large-Scale IoT Solutions: A comprehensive and practical guide to implementing end-to-end IoT solutions
Get to grips with key IoT aspects along with modern trends, architectures, and technologies that support IoT solutions, such as cloud computing, modern app architecture paradigms, and data analytics
- Understand the big picture of designing production-grade IoT solutions from an industry expert
- Get up and running with the development and designing aspects of the Internet of Things
- Solve business problems specific to your domain using different IoT platforms and technologies
With the rising demand for and recent enhancements in IoT, a developer with sound knowledge of IoT is the need of the hour. This book will help you design, build, and operate large-scale E2E IoT solutions to transform your business and products, increase revenue, and reduce operational costs.
Starting with an overview of how IoT technologies can help you solve your business problems, this book will be a useful guide to helping you implement end-to-end IoT solution architecture. You’ll learn to select IoT devices; real-time operating systems; IoT Edge covering Edge location, software, and hardware; and the best IoT connectivity for your IoT solution. As you progress, you’ll work with IoT device management, IoT data analytics, IoT platforms, and put these components to work as part of your IoT solution. You’ll also be able to build IoT backend cloud from scratch by leveraging the modern app architecture paradigms and cloud-native technologies such as containers and microservices. Finally, you’ll discover best practices for different operational excellence pillars, including high availability, resiliency, reliability, security, cost optimization, and high performance, which should be applied for large-scale production-grade IoT solutions.
By the end of this IoT book, you’ll be confident in designing, building, and operating IoT solutions.
What you will learn
- Understand the detailed anatomy of IoT solutions and explore their building blocks
- Explore IoT connectivity options and protocols used in designing IoT solutions
- Understand the value of IoT platforms in building IoT solutions
- Explore real-time operating systems used in microcontrollers
- Automate device administration tasks with IoT device management
- Master different architecture paradigms and decisions in IoT solutions
- Build and gain insights from IoT analytics solutions
- Get an overview of IoT solution operational excellence pillars
Who this book is for
This book is for E2E solution architects, systems and technical architects, and IoT developers looking to design, build, and operate E2E IoT applications and solutions. Basic knowledge of cloud computing, software engineering, and distributed system design will help you get the most out of this book.