Developing IoT Projects with ESP32: Unlock the full Potential of ESP32 in IoT development to create production-grade smart devices
From smart sensors to cloud integration and the world of TinyML, this book is your comprehensive guide to the IoT ecosystem, using the ESP32 and industry-standard tools and technologies
- Build IoT projects from scratch using ESP32
- Customize solutions, take them to cloud, visualize real-time data, implement security features
- Practice using a variety of hands-on projects such as an audio player, smart home, and more
ESP32, a low-cost and energy-efficient system-on-a-chip microcontroller, has become the backbone of numerous WiFi devices, fueling IoT innovation. This book offers a holistic approach to building an IoT system from the ground up, ensuring secure data communication from sensors to cloud platforms, empowering you to create production-grade IoT solutions using the ESP32 SoC.
Starting with IoT essentials supported by real-world use cases, this book takes you through the entire process of constructing an IoT device using ESP32. Each chapter introduces new dimensions to your IoT applications, covering sensor communication, the integration of prominent IoT libraries like LittleFS and LVGL, connectivity options via WiFi, security measures, cloud integration, and the visualization of real-time data using Grafana. Furthermore, a dedicated section explores AI/ML for embedded systems, guiding you through building and running ML applications with tinyML and ESP32-S3 to create state-of-the-art embedded products.
This book adopts a hands-on approach, ensuring you can start building IoT solutions right from the beginning. Towards the end of the book, you’ll tackle a full-scale Smart Home project, applying all the techniques you’ve learned in real-time.
Embark on your journey to build secure, production-grade IoT systems with ESP32 today!
What you will learn
- Explore ESP32 with IDE and debugging tools for effective IoT creation
- Drive GPIO, I2C, multimedia, and storage for seamless integration of external devices
- Utilize handy IoT libraries to enhance your ESP32 projects
- Manage WiFi like a pro with STA & AP modes, provisioning, and ESP Rainmaker framework features
- Ensure robust IoT security with secure boot and OTA firmware updates
- Harness AWS IoT for data handling and achieve stunning visualization using Grafana
- Enhance your projects with voice capabilities using ESP AFE and Speech Recognition
- Innovate with tinyML on ESP32-S3 and the Edge Impulse platform
Who this book is for
If you are an embedded software developer, an IoT software architect or developer, a technologist, or anyone who wants to learn how to use ESP32 and its applications, this book is for you.
A basic understanding of embedded systems, programming, networking, and cloud computing concepts is necessary to get started with the book.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to IoT development and the ESP32 platform
- Understanding the Development Tools
- Using ESP32 Peripherals
- Employing Third-Party Libraries in ESP32 Projects
- Project – Audio player
- Using Wi-Fi Communication for Connectivity
- ESP32 Security Features for Production-Grade Devices
- Connecting to Cloud Platforms and Using Services
- Project – Smart Home
- Machine Learning with ESP32
- Developing on Edge Impulse
- Project – Baby Monitor