Developing Web Components with TypeScript looks at APIs using examples, techniques, and tricks. You will start with a brief introduction to web components, including slots and templates, handling custom events, and styling components with or without shadow DOM. Then, it introduces TypeScript as part of the tool set. It shows the internal construction of a professional thin library. It also helps you learn how to deal with web components in real-life projects; this includes techniques such as creating a single-page app without framework code. All code samples used here are supported by all modern browsers for you to follow along. Library code and examples are available on GitHub.
What You Will Learn
- Create isolated web components using shadow DOM, slots, and templates
- Understand the advantage of an enhanced toolset, especially TypeScript
- Pick up styles and customizations
- Master professional web apps using native APIs
- Understand the life cycle of a component
Who This Book Is For
Professional developers who want to move from desktop to web and away from fat frameworks to achieve their goal.