DevOps Adoption Strategies: Principles, Processes, Tools, and Trends: Embracing DevOps through effective culture, people, and processes
Gain in-depth insight into DevOps relative to your field of expertise and implement effective DevOps culture and processes within your organization
- Packed with step-by-step explanations and practical examples to help you get started with DevOps
- Develop the skills and knowledge you need to tackle the deployment of DevOps tools
- Discover technology trends such as FinOps and DevSecOps to get more value from DevOps
DevOps is a set of best practices enabling operations and development teams to work together to produce higher-quality work and, among other things, quicker releases. This book helps you to understand the fundamentals needed to get started with DevOps, and prepares you to start deploying technical tools confidently.
You will start by learning the key steps for implementing successful DevOps transformations. The book will help you to understand how aspects of culture, people, and process are all connected, and that without any one of these elements DevOps is unlikely to be successful. As you make progress, you will discover how to measure and quantify the success of DevOps in your organization, along with exploring the pros and cons of the main tooling involved in DevOps. In the concluding chapters, you will learn about the latest trends in DevOps and find out how the tooling changes when you work with these specialties.
By the end of this DevOps book, you will have gained a clear understanding of the connection between culture, people, and processes within DevOps, and learned why all three are critically important.
What you will learn
- Understand the importance of culture in DevOps
- Build, foster, and develop a successful DevOps culture
- Discover how to implement a successful DevOps framework
- Measure and define the success of DevOps transformation
- Get to grips with techniques for continuous feedback and iterate process changes
- Discover the tooling used in different stages of the DevOps life cycle
Who this book is for
This book is for IT professionals such as support engineers and systems engineers and developers looking to learn DevOps and for those going through DevOps transformation. General knowledge of IT and business processes will be helpful. You’ll also find this book useful if you are in a business or service role within technology such as service delivery management. Basic familiarity with DevOps and transformational methods such as value streams and process are needed to get the most out of this book.
Table of Contents
- Introducing DevOps and Agile
- Business benefits, team topologies and pitfalls of DevOps
- Measuring the success of DevOps
- Building a DevOps culture and breaking down silos
- Avoiding cultural anti-patterns in DevOps
- Driving process change with value stream maps
- Delivering process change to your organization
- Continuous improvement of processes
- Understanding the technical stack for DevOps
- Developing a strategy for implementing tooling
- Influence of tools on the DevOps lifecycle
- Keeping up with key DevOps trends