DevOps Design Pattern: Implementing DevOps best practices for secure and reliable CI/CD pipeline
DevOps design, architecture and its implementations with best practices
- Streamlined collaboration for faster, high-quality software delivery.
- Efficient automation of development, testing, and deployment processes.
- Integration of continuous monitoring and security measures for reliable applications.
DevOps design patterns encompass a set of best practices aimed at revolutionizing the software development lifecycle. It introduces a collaborative and streamlined approach to bring together different aspects of development, testing, deployment, and operations. At its core, DevOps seeks to break down traditional silos between these functions, fostering a culture of cooperation and continuous communication among teams. This interconnectivity enables faster, higher-quality software delivery by eliminating bottlenecks.
DevOps best practices offer significant benefits to DevOps engineers, enhancing their effectiveness and efficiency. Examine best practices for version control and dynamic environments closely, learn how to “build once, deploy many,” and master the art of continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), reducing manual intervention and minimizing errors. Each chapter equips you with actionable insights, guiding you through automated testing, robust monitoring, and effective rollback strategies. You will confidently tap into the power of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and DevSecOps methodologies, ensuring secure and scalable software delivery.
Overall, DevOps best practices enable DevOps engineers to deliver high-quality, scalable, and secure software in a more streamlined and collaborative environment.
What you will learn
- Apply DevOps design patterns to optimize system architecture and performance.
- Implement DevOps best practices for efficient software development.
- Establish robust and scalable CI/CD processes with security considerations.
- Effectively troubleshoot issues and ensure reliable and resilient software.
- Seamlessly integrate security practices into the entire software development lifecycle, from coding to deployment.
Who this book is for
Software Developers, Software Architects, Infrastructure Engineers, Operation Engineers, Cloud Engineers, Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers, and all DevOps professionals across all experience levels to master efficient software delivery through proven design patterns.
Table of Contents
1. Why DevOps
2. Implement Version Control and Tracking
3. Dynamic Developer Environment
4. Build Once, Deploy Many
5. Frequently Merge Code: Continuous Integration
6. Software Packaging and Continuous Delivery
7. Automated Testing
8. Rapid Detection of Compliance Issues and Security Risks
9. Rollback Strategy
10. Automated Infrastructure
11. Focus on Security: DevSecOps