DevSecOps in Practice with VMware Tanzu: Build, run, and manage secure multi-cloud apps at scale on Kubernetes with the Tanzu portfolio
Modernize your apps, run them in containers on Kubernetes, and understand the business value and the nitty-gritty of the VMware Tanzu portfolio with hands-on instructions
- Gain insights into the key features and capabilities of distinct VMWare Tanzu products
- Learn how and when to use the different Tanzu products for common day-1 and day-2 operations
- Modernize applications deployed on multi-cloud platforms using DevSecOps best practices
As Kubernetes (or K8s) becomes more prolific, managing large clusters at scale in a multi-cloud environment becomes more challenging – especially from a developer productivity and operational efficiency point of view. DevSecOps in Practice with VMware Tanzu addresses these challenges by automating the delivery of containerized workloads and controlling multi-cloud Kubernetes operations using Tanzu tools.
This comprehensive guide begins with an overview of the VMWare Tanzu platform and discusses its tools for building useful and secure applications using the App Accelerator, Build Service, Catalog service, and API portal. Next, you’ll delve into running those applications efficiently at scale with Tanzu Kubernetes Grid and Tanzu Application Platform. As you advance, you’ll find out how to manage these applications, and control, observe, and connect them using Tanzu Mission Control, Tanzu Observability, and Tanzu Service Mesh. Finally, you’ll explore the architecture, capabilities, features, installation, configuration, implementation, and benefits of these services with the help of examples.
By the end of this VMware book, you’ll have gained a thorough understanding of the VMWare Tanzu platform and be able to efficiently articulate and solve real-world business problems.
What you will learn
- Build apps to run as containers using predefined templates
- Generate secure container images from application source code
- Build secure open source backend services container images
- Deploy and manage a Kubernetes-based private container registry
- Manage a multi-cloud deployable Kubernetes platform
- Define a secure path to production for Kubernetes-based applications
- Streamline multi-cloud Kubernetes operations and observability
- Connect containerized apps securely using service mesh
Who This Book Is For
This book is for cloud platform engineers and DevOps engineers who want to learn about the operations of tools under the VMware Tanzu umbrella. The book also serves as a useful reference for application developers and solutions architects as well as IT leaders who want to understand how business and security outcomes can be achieved using the tools covered in this book. Prior knowledge of containers and Kubernetes will help you get the most out of this book.