Elasticsearch 8.x Cookbook: Over 180 recipes to perform fast, scalable, and reliable searches for your enterprise, 5th Edition
Search, analyze, store and manage data effectively with Elasticsearch 8.x
- Explore the capabilities of Elasticsearch 8.x with easy-to-follow recipes
- Extend the Elasticsearch functionalities and learn how to deploy on Elastic Cloud
- Deploy and manage simple Elasticsearch nodes as well as complex cluster topologies
Elasticsearch is a Lucene-based distributed search engine at the heart of the Elastic Stack that allows you to index and search unstructured content with petabytes of data. With this updated fifth edition, you’ll cover comprehensive recipes relating to what’s new in Elasticsearch 8.x and see how to create and run complex queries and analytics.
The recipes will guide you through performing index mapping, aggregation, working with queries, and scripting using Elasticsearch. You’ll focus on numerous solutions and quick techniques for performing both common and uncommon tasks such as deploying Elasticsearch nodes, using the ingest module, working with X-Pack, and creating different visualizations. As you advance, you’ll learn how to manage various clusters, restore data, and install Kibana to monitor a cluster and extend it using a variety of plugins. Furthermore, you’ll understand how to integrate your Java, Scala, Python, and big data applications such as Apache Spark and Pig with Elasticsearch and create efficient data applications powered by enhanced functionalities and custom plugins.
By the end of this Elasticsearch cookbook, you’ll have gained in-depth knowledge of implementing the Elasticsearch architecture and be able to manage, search, and store data efficiently and effectively using Elasticsearch.
What you will learn
- Become well-versed with the capabilities of X-Pack
- Optimize search results by executing analytics aggregations
- Get to grips with using text and numeric queries as well as relationship and geo queries
- Install Kibana to monitor clusters and extend it for plugins
- Build complex queries by managing indices and documents
- Monitor the performance of your cluster and nodes
- Design advanced mapping to take full control of index steps
- Integrate Elasticsearch in Java, Scala, Python, and big data applications
Who this book is for
If you’re a software engineer, big data infrastructure engineer, or Elasticsearch developer, you’ll find this Elasticsearch book useful. The book will also help data professionals working in e-commerce and FMCG industries who use Elastic for metrics evaluation and search analytics to gain deeper insights and make better business decisions. Prior experience with Elasticsearch will help you get the most out of this book.