Enterprise Application Development with C# 9 and .NET 5: Enhance your C# and .NET skills by mastering the process of developing professional-grade web applications
Become a professional .NET developer by learning expert techniques for building enterprise-grade applications
- Explore the advanced features of C# and .NET 5 to enhance your code and productivity
- Follow clear and easy instructions for building an end-to-end enterprise application
- Learn how to build scalable web applications and host them on the cloud
.NET Core is one of the most popular programming platforms in the world for an increasingly large community of developers thanks to its excellent cross-platform support. This book will show you how to confidently use the features of .NET 5 with C# 9 to build robust enterprise applications.
Throughout the book, you’ll work on creating an enterprise app and adding a key component to the app with each chapter, before ?nally getting it ready for testing and deployment. You’ll learn concepts relating to advanced data structures, the Entity Framework Core, parallel programming, and dependency injection. As you progress, you’ll cover various authentication and authorization schemes provided by .NET Core to make your apps and APIs secure. Next, you’ll build web apps using ASP.NET Core 5 and deploy them on the cloud while working with various cloud components using Azure. The book then shows you how to use the latest Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 and C# 9 to simplify developer tasks, and also explores tips and tricks in Visual Studio 2019 to improve your productivity. Later, you’ll discover various testing techniques such as unit testing and performance testing as well as di?erent methods to deploy enterprise apps.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to create enterprise apps using the powerful features of .NET 5 and deploy them on the cloud.
What you will learn
- Design enterprise apps by making the most of the latest features of .NET 5
- Discover di?erent layers of an app, such as the data layer, API layer, and web layer
- Explore end-to-end architecture, implement an enterprise web app using .NET and C# 9, and deploy the app on Azure
- Focus on the core concepts of web application development such as dependency injection, caching, logging, con?guration, and authentication, and implement them in .NET 5
- Integrate the new .NET 5 health and performance check APIs with your app
- Understand how .NET 5 works and contribute to the .NET 5 platform
Who this book is for
If you are a developer, architect, or senior programmer who wants to leverage the features of .NET 5 and the C# language, as well as grasp essential techniques to build your skills, then this C# .NET 5 book is for you. Beginner to intermediate-level knowledge of the .NET framework and C# programming is required to understand the concepts covered in this book more effectively.
Table of Contents
- Designing and Architecting the Enterprise Application
- Introducing .NET 5 Core and Standard
- Introducing C# 9
- Threading and Asynchronous Operations
- Dependency Injection in .NET
- Configuration in .NET Core
- Logging in .NET 5
- Understanding Caching
- Working with Data in .NET 5
- Creating an ASP.NET Core 5 Web API
- Creating an ASP.NET Core 5 Web Application
- Understanding Authentication
- Understanding Authorization
- Health and Diagnostics
- Deploying the Application in Azure