- Length: 454 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2017-07-31
- ISBN-10: B01M8JSW2M
- Sales Rank: #267233 (See Top 100 Books)
Learn everything you need to build highly scalable, robust web applications using Angular release 4
About This Book
- Apply best practices and design patterns to achieve higher scalability in your Angular applications
- Understand the latest features of Angular and create your own components
- Get acquainted with powerful, advanced techniques in Angular to build professional web applications
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Implement asynchronous programming using Angular
- Beautify your application with the UI components built to the material design specification
- Secure your web application from unauthorized users
- Create complex forms, taking full advantage of 2-way data binding
- Test your Angular applications using the Jasmine and Protractor frameworks for better efficiency
- Learn how to integrate Angular with Bootstrap to create compelling web applications
- Use Angular built-in classes to apply animation in your app
Got some experience of Angular under your belt? Want to learn everything about using advanced features for developing websites? This book is everything you need for the deep understanding of Angular that will set you apart from the developer crowd.
Angular has introduced a new way to build applications. Creating complex and rich web applications, with a lighter resource footprint, has never been easier or faster. Angular is now at release 4, with significant changes through previous versions.
This book has been written and tested for Angular release 4.
Angular is a mature technology, and you’ll likely have applications built with earlier versions. This book starts by showing you best practices and approaches to migrating your existing Angular applications so that you can be immediately up-to-date. You will take an in-depth look at components and see how to control the user journey in your applications by implementing routing and navigation. You will learn how to work with asynchronous programming by using Observables.
To easily build applications that look great, you will learn all about template syntax and how to beautify applications with Material Design. Mastering forms and data binding will further speed up your application development time. Learning about managing services and animations will help you to progressively enhance your applications. Next you’ll use native directives to integrate Bootstrap with Angular. You will see the best ways to test your application with the leading options such as Jasmine and Protractor.
At the end of the book, you’ll learn how to apply design patterns in Angular, and see the benefits they will bring to your development.
Style and approach
This book provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of development with Angular. You will learn about all the most powerful Angular concepts, with examples and best practices. This book is everything you need for the deep understanding of Angular that will set you apart from the developer crowd.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Architectural Overview And Building A Simple App In Angular
Chapter 2. Migrating Angularjs App To Angular App
Chapter 3. Using Angular Cli To Generate Angular Apps With Best Practices
Chapter 4. Working With Components
Chapter 5. Implementing Angular Routing And Navigation
Chapter 6. Creating Directives And Implementing Change Detection
Chapter 7. Asynchronous Programming Using Observables
Chapter 8. Template And Data Binding Syntax
Chapter 9. Advanced Forms In Angular
Chapter 10. Material Design In Angular
Chapter 11. Implementing Angular Pipes
Chapter 12. Implementing Angular Services
Chapter 13. Applying Dependency Injection
Chapter 14. Handling Angular Animation
Chapter 15. Integrating Bootstrap With Angular Application
Chapter 16. Testing Angular Apps Using Jasmine And Protractor Frameworks
Chapter 17. Design Patterns In Angular