Exploring Web Components: Build Reusable UI Web Components with Standard Technologies
- Length: 224 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: BPB Publications
- Publication Date: 2020-08-24
- ISBN-10: 938942397X
- ISBN-13: 9789389423976
- Sales Rank: #2882976 (See Top 100 Books)
Learn how to create reusable components to build modern Web user interfaces with standard technologies
- Learn how standard Web technologies allows you to build reusable UI components.
- Learn how to protect the look and the internal behavior of your components.
- Learn how to use Web Components in React, Angular, and Vue projects.
- Learn how to use third-party libraries and tools to simplify the process of building your components.
The design of Web user interfaces has been growing significantly in recent times thanks to libraries like React, Angular, Vue. They allow you to create awesome UI components, but have a great drawback: their components are not interoperable.
Web Components enable you to overcome this drawback by using a set of standard technologies.
The book drives you in the exploration of these technologies with a practical approach. It describes how to create Custom Elements; how to protect their internal behavior by leveraging the Shadow DOM; how to simplify the UI definition through HTML templates.
Also, you will discover how to distribute and use your Web Components and how to leverage libraries and tools to develop them.
Throughout the book, you will carry out a Web Component project that will provide you with practical experience in using those technologies.
What will you learn
- Use Custom Elements technology to define your HTML elements.
- Use Shadow DOM to protect the inner behavior of your UI components.
- Work with HTML templates to simplify and enhance the way you define the UI of your components.
Who this book is for