Extending Microsoft Business Central with Power Platform: Leverage Power Platform to create scalable Business Central solutions with high business value
Discover how you can extend the capabilities of Business Central by building and deploying Power Platform solutions
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Unlock the full potential of Business Central using Power Platform, including Power Apps, Power Automation, and Dataverse
- Gain proficiency in using standard Business Central APIs and creating new APIs
- Implement best practices for developing and rolling out Business Central projects with enhanced functionality
Unlock the untapped potential of Business Central by harnessing the power of the Power Platform with this comprehensive guide, transforming your cumbersome manual processes and limited customization capabilities into a vast array of extended functionalities and possibilities.
You’ll begin by exploring the potential of Power Platform and its seamless integration with both the on-premises and cloud versions of Business Central, amplifying the capabilities of your business operations. You’ll then learn how to set up virtual tables and use Dataverse to create a simple model-driven app. As the book progresses, you’ll leverage Power Apps, including both Canvas apps and model-driven apps, to build apps around Business Central processes. The book also highlights Power Automate’s capabilities to create or modify business processes while incorporating new processes and automation. As you advance, you’ll connect to Business Central APIs that can be implemented to connect with Business Central Data and finally integrate Power BI natively with Business Central, empowering you to construct advanced reports and dashboards.
With the hands-on experience gained throughout the book, you’ll build expertise in customizing Business Central with Power Platform to deliver more scalable and maintainable solutions.
What you will learn
- Build and deploy robust Power Platform solutions for Business Central
- Seamlessly integrate Business Central both in the cloud and on-premises with Power Platform using a wide range of connectors
- Set up virtual tables and gain insights into the extensive capabilities of Dataverse
- Build and connect Power Apps, enabling seamless Power BI integration for Business Central
- Create exceptional automated flows with advanced Power Automate configurations
- Understand user adoption strategies and the center of excellence
Who this book is for
Whether you’re a Business Central Power user, technical consultant, or solution architect looking to expand your capabilities using the Power Platform, this book is for you. No prior technical expertise in programming or software development is required; all you need is a basic familiarity with Business Central.