Fedora Linux System Administration: Install, manage, and secure your Fedora Linux environments
Configure your Fedora Linux environment as a professional system administration workstation with this comprehensive guide
- Leverage best practices and post-installation techniques to optimize your Fedora Linux workstation
- Learn how to optimize operating system tuning to enhance system administration
- Explore Fedora Linux’s virtualization resources using QEMU, KVM, and libvirt technologies
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
Fedora Linux is a free and open-source platform designed for hardware, clouds, and containers that enables software developers and community members to create custom solutions for their customers. This book is a comprehensive guide focusing on workstation configuration for the modern system administrator.
The book begins by introducing you to the philosophy underlying the open-source movement, along with the unique attributes of the Fedora Project that set it apart from other Linux distributions. The chapters outline best practices and strategies for essential system administration tasks, including operating system installation, first-boot configuration, storage, and network setup. As you make progress, you’ll get to grips with the selection and usage of top applications and tools in the tech environment. The concluding chapters help you get a clear understanding of the basics of version control systems, enhanced Linux security, automation, virtualization, and containers, which are integral to modern system administration.
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained the knowledge needed to optimize day-to-day tasks related to Linux-based system administration.
What you will learn
- Discover how to configure a Linux environment from scratch
- Review the basics of Linux resources and components
- Familiarize yourself with enhancements and updates made to common Linux desktop tools
- Optimize the resources of the Linux operating system
- Find out how to bolster security with the SELinux module
- Improve system administration using the tools provided by Fedora
- Get up and running with open container creation using Podman
Who this book is for
This book is for individuals who want to use Fedora Linux as a workstation for daily system administration tasks and learn how to optimize the distribution’s tools for these functions. Although you should have a basic understanding of Linux and system administration, extensive knowledge of it is not necessary.