Fundamentals of Nuclear Physics gives elementary understanding of nuclear and particle physics. The textbook offers an overview of the subject, providing students with a basic understanding about 1) the atomic structure and the nucleus, 2) equipment such as particle detectors, particle accelerators, and nuclear reactors, 3) radioactivity, and 4) elementary particles. Each chapter provides fundamental theoretical and experimental knowledge required for students to strengthen their concepts. Other key features of the book include
- Structured chapters designed for easy reading and stimulating interest for learners
- Sophisticated figures
- Thoroughly solved equations
- Bibliographic references for further reading
- Updated information about different types of nuclear reactors
- Information about nuclear astrophysics
Fundamentals of Nuclear Physics is suitable for introductory undergraduate courses in nuclear physics as well as more innovative courses geared towards nuclear engineering.