Get the most out of Samsung’s Galaxy S5 smartphone right from the start. With clear instructions from technology expert Preston Gralla, this Missing Manual gives you a guided tour of Samsung’s new flagship phone, including great new features such as the fingerprint scanner, heart rate sensor, and Download Booster. You’ll get expert tips and tricks for playing music, calling and texting, shooting photos and videos, and even getting some work done.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get connected. Browse the Web, manage email, and download apps from Google Play through WiFi or 3G/4G network.
- Keep in touch. Call, text, chat, videochat, conduct conference calls, and reach out with Facebook and Twitter.
- Capture and display images. Shoot, edit, show, and share photos, slideshows, and high-definition videos.
- Play and manage your music. Buy music from Google Play or Amazon and listen to it with Galaxy S5’s Music app.
- Work anywhere. Access your files, company network, calendar, and contacts—and work with Google Docs.
- Connect to Google Maps. Use geolocation and turn-by-turn drive directions to find your way.
- Stay fit with S Health. Use this built-in app to keep track of fitness goals, walking, heart rate, blood pressure, and more.
Table of Contents
Part I – The Basics
Chapter 1. The Guided Tour
Chapter 2. Typing, Texting, and Searching
Chapter 3. Phone Calls
Part II – The Built-In Features
Chapter 4. Music
Chapter 5. Camera, Photos, and Video
Chapter 6. Maps and Navigation
Chapter 7. Calendar
Part III – The Galaxy S5 Online
Chapter 8. Getting Online: WiFi, 3G/4G, and Mobile Hotspots
Chapter 9. The Web
Chapter 10. Email and Gmail
Chapter 11. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Chat, and Videochat
Chapter 12. Downloading and Using Apps
Part IV – Advanced Features
Chapter 13. Transferring Music, Videos, Pictures, and Other Files, and Using Group Play
Chapter 14. Taking the Galaxy S5 to Work
Chapter 15. My Magazine, Google Now, and Voice Search and Control
Chapter 16. Settings
Part V – Appendixes
Appendix A. Setup and Signup
Appendix B. Accessories
Appendix C. Troubleshooting and Maintenance