This book presents novel concepts in the development of high-temperature superconducting (HTS) devices and discusses the technologies involved in producing efficient and economically feasible energy technologies around the world.
High-Temperature Superconducting Devices for Energy Application covers the application of high-temperature superconductors in clean energy production and allied cooling technologies. In addition, it presents the compatibility of other materials involved in the construction of various devices at cryogenic temperatures. It also summarizes superconducting fault current limiters (SFCL) and related grid stabilization. The book addresses the need to lower the losses incurred with efficient power transmission.
The aim of this book is to serve the needs of industry professionals, researchers, and doctoral students studying energy technologies.
- Discusses the history of the development of high-temperature superconductors
- Covers cryogenic cooling technologies adapted for various superconducting devices
- Presents a detailed design of superconducting generators
- Highlights the importance of superconducting magnetic energy storage (SMES) devices in the power grid
- Focuses on theoretical computations