How to Be a Global Nonprofit
- Length: 296 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Wiley
- Publication Date: 2013-02-25
- ISBN-10: 1118452224
- ISBN-13: 9781118452226
- Sales Rank: #2223369 (See Top 100 Books)
Solid guidance for the complex legal issues faced by international nonprofits
When a nonprofit operates across borders, whether by making grants or directly operating programs, the interaction among legal requirements of two or more countries quickly becomes highly complex. How To Be A Global Nonprofit fills a need for legal and practical guidance for nonprofit organizations with international activities, and includes ten case studies to provide insights into the ways real organizations have dealt with various legal and practical issues.
Along the way, it skillfully explores alternatives for advancing a nonprofit’s mission across borders, while also looking at the legal and practical issues nonprofits encounter as they work internationally.
- Includes ten case studies based on interviews with large and small international nonprofits
- Offers a realistic sense of the complexity of legal and practical issues global nonprofits face
- Features a companion website with a variety of online tools and materials related to key concepts discussed in this book
Not long ago international philanthropy was the province of large organizations like the Red Cross, UNICEF, and Save the Children. This has radically changed. How to Be a Global Nonprofit thoroughly explores the legal and practical issues nonprofits encounter as they work internationally and the resources required to deal with them.