Markup is synonymous with the development of the web, but most people only scratch the surface of its capabilities. Why settle for average HTML, when you can become an HTML5 master?
That’s where this unique book comes in. It’s aimed at web designers and developers who want to take their markup even further in the exciting new directions the web has taken in multimedia, interactivity and improved semantics. HTML5 isn’t for just any web site, but for a web site that will contribute to tomorrow’s “web of data.”
HTML5 Mastery will introduce the new markup elements of HTML5—including less commonly used ones—and show you where and how to use them. It also provides clever styling and scripting techniques that you can employ on your web site. It is completely standards-compliant, and up-to-date with modern web design techniques.
What you’ll learn
- How to make the most of the new features of HTML5
- How to use the new semantic tags to improve your markup
- How to introduce multimedia and interactivity into your pages without the need for plugins
- How to create fabulous forms using new HTML5 elements and client-side validation
- How to explore the power of associated APIs
- How to become a web developer skilled in the contemporary direction of web standards
Who this book is for
Web developers and designers who want to utilize new features of HTML5 to improve their existing skillsets.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started: Transitioning to HTML5
- Using the Right Tag for the Right Job
- Recognizing Semantics
- Form Mastery
- Video and Audio
- User Interaction
- Looking Ahead
Appendix A: Associated APIs