Implementing Cellular IoT Solutions for Digital Transformation: Successfully develop, deploy, and maintain LTE and 5G enterprise IoT systems
- Length: 202 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2023-02-10
- ISBN-10: 180461615X
- ISBN-13: 9781804616154
- Sales Rank: #1020961 (See Top 100 Books)
A pragmatic handbook on IoT technologies and markets that will guide you in implementing cellular IoT solutions as part of an enterprise’s digital transformation affecting both operational cost savings and new business models.
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free eBook in the PDF format.
- Understand all the critical aspects of a cellular IoT solution with this practical guide
- Identify key enterprise IoT market requirements and IoT business cases
- Develop robust end-to-end cellular IoT solutions with the help of best practices and case studies
Even if you’re an IoT technology manager with a sound understanding of wireless local area network technologies like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, you may face many unique challenges when implementing a wireless wide area network (WWAN) IoT solution with cellular technologies with respect to choosing the optimal IoT device, cellular connectivity, and architecture. To help you overcome such roadblocks, this digital transformation book guides you in implementing a robust, end-to-end cellular IoT solution using best practices for all aspects of managing the IoT solution.
Starting with an introduction to the top IoT markets and solutions in the context of an enterprise’s digital transformation, this book will show you how this leads to cost savings and new business models. You’ll grasp all you need to know about the IoT system components, life cycle, and best practices for implementing an IoT solution. While the book explains all the leading IoT wireless technologies, the focus is on LTE and 5G cellular technologies. With a review of real-world cellular IoT solution case studies and future IoT trends, you’ll be ready to work with wireless IoT technologies, devices, and architectures.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to identify the best wireless technologies for your IoT use cases and successfully implement cellular IoT solutions addressing key issues in the solution life cycle.
What you will learn
- Understand how IoT enables an enterprise’s digital transformation
- Discover the applications of various IoT wireless technologies
- Explore IoT devices, architectures, and real-world use cases
- Dive deep into LTE and 5G cellular technologies and how they enable IoT
- Build a privacy and security framework in an IoT solution
- Select the best components for a cellular IoT enterprise solution
- Overcome challenges in the IoT solution life cycle
- Examine new cellular IoT technologies, trends, and business models
Who this book is for
This book is for IoT technology managers, leaders, C-suite executives, and decision-makers considering or currently developing IoT solutions based on wireless/cellular technologies such as LTE and 5G. You’ll be able to make the most of this book if you understand the importance of IoT connectivity in the context of its applications.