Implementing Multifactor Authentication: Protect your applications from cyberattacks with the help of MFA
Avoid MFA pitfalls—learn how to choose, implement, and troubleshoot MFA in your company
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Gain proficiency in using solutions like Okta, Ping Identity, and ForgeRock within the IAM domain
- Thwart authentication breaches using pragmatic strategies and lessons derived from real-world scenarios
- Choose the right MFA solutions to enhance your organization’s security
In the realm of global cybersecurity, multifactor authentication (MFA) has become the key strategy; however, choosing the wrong MFA solution can do more harm than good. This book serves as a comprehensive guide, helping you choose, deploy, and troubleshoot multiple authentication methods to enhance application security without compromising user experience.
You’ll start with the fundamentals of authentication and the significance of MFA to gradually familiarize yourself with how MFA works and the various types of MFA solutions currently available. As you progress through the chapters, you’ll learn how to choose the right MFA setup to keep the user experience as friendly as possible. The book then takes you through the different methods hackers use to bypass MFA and measures to safeguard your applications. Next, with the help of best practices and real-world scenarios, you’ll explore how MFA effectively mitigates cyber threats. Once you’ve learned how to enable and manage MFA models in public clouds such as AWS, Azure, and GCP, you’ll discover the role of biometrics in the MFA landscape and gain insights into the upcoming wave of innovations in this field.
By the end of this MFA book, you’ll have the knowledge required to secure your workforce and customers using MFA solutions, empowering your organization to combat authentication fraud.
What you will learn
- Evaluate the advantages and limitations of MFA methods in use today
- Choose the best MFA product or solution for your security needs
- Deploy and configure the chosen solution for maximum effectiveness
- Identify and mitigate problems associated with different MFA solutions
- Reduce UX friction with ForgeRock and behavioral biometrics
- Stay informed about technologies and future trends in the field
Who this book is for
This book is for developers, system administrators, security professionals, white-hat hackers, CISOs, and anyone interested in understanding and enhancing their access management infrastructure. While basic knowledge of authentication and IAM is helpful, it is not a prerequisite.