A complete update to the popular Autodesk Official Training Guide for Maya
Maya is the industry-leading 3D animation and effects software used in movies, visual effects, games, cartoons, and other animation. This bestselling, official guide is a must for 3D beginners who want a thorough grounding in this dynamic and complex software. Fully updated for the newest version of Maya, the book explains the interface and the basics of modeling, texturing, animating, dynamics, visualization, and visual effects. Fun and challenging tutorials lead you through the nuances of the software and offer plenty of chances to practice what you’ve learned.
- The Autodesk Official Training Guide for Maya, endorsed and promoted by Autodesk to its 2,500 Authorized Training Centers worldwide
- Maya is the 3D animation and effects software used in the film, game, and advertising industries; it’s a complex program and this book gives beginners the knowledge and confidence they need
- Shows how to master the interface and the basics of modeling, texturing, animating, and visual effects
- Step-by-step tutorials offer realistic, professional challenges for those new to 3D and those switching from another 3D application
- Materials are available for instructors who want to use this guide with their students
Introducing Autodesk Maya is the perfect guide to get you up and running on the world’s most popular professional 3D application.