The perfect companion for discovering how to get the most out of your iPad mini!
Apple’s latest iPad may be small, but it’s one mighty mini. This fun-and-friendly full-color guide gets you started with your iPad mini, walking you through using the multitouch interface, getting connected, browsing the web, adding tons of cool content, and much, much more.
From sending and receiving e-mail totexting with iMessage, downloading apps from the App Store, managing your calendar, making video calls with FaceTime, and working with Siri, expert authors and Mac gurus Ed Baig and Bob “Dr. Mac” LeVitus will have you making your way through your iPad mini in no time at all.
- Shows you how to unveil the iPod in your iPad mini, take control of your tunes, import photos, create a slideshow, and capture photos and videos
- Highlights ways to buy and read your favorite e-books; find a location or get directions with Maps; play games; and rent, buy, and watch movies and TV shows
- Walks you through syncing contacts, calendars, and to-do lists
- Addresses staying connected with Notification Center, protecting your information, and troubleshooting
It may be “mini” but it’s capable of enormous endeavors! Find out everything your iPad mini is capable of with the full-color iPad mini For Dummies!
From the Book: Selected iPad mini Features
- Finding your favorite movies and TV shows is easier with the revamped iTunes interface.
- The new Maps app allows you to search for location and contact information and reviews on Yelp without leaving the app.
- Get the latest editions of popular magazines delivered directly to your iPad mini with the Newsstand feature.
- Surf the web with ease with the iPad mini’s enhanced Safari browser.
- Share your favorite photos with friends and family via e-mail, message, Twitter, and even Facebook with new photo sharing options on the iPad mini.
- Never forget an appointment or special event again with the help of Siri and the Reminders feature.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting to Know Your iPad mini
Chapter 1: Unveiling the iPad mini
Chapter 2: iPad mini Basic Training
Chapter 3: The Kitchen Sync: Getting Stuff to and from Your iPad mini
Part II: The Internet iPad mini
Chapter 4: Going on a Mobile Safari
Chapter 5: The E-Mail Must Get Through
Chapter 6: Maps Are Where It Is
Part III: The Multimedia iPad mini
Chapter 7: Get in Tune(s): Audioon Your iPad mini
Chapter 8: iPad mini Video: Seeing Is Believing
Chapter 9: You Oughtta Be in Pictures
Chapter 10: Curling Up with a Good iBook
Part IV: The iPad mini at Work
Chapter 11: Apply Here (To Find Out about iPad mini Apps)
Chapter 12: People, Places, and Appointments
Chapter 13: Indispensible iPad mini Utilities
Chapter 14: Taking the iPad mini Siri-ously
Part V: The Undiscovered iPad mini
Chapter 15: Setting You Straight on Settings
Chapter 16: When Good iPad minis Go Bad
Chapter 17: Accessorizing Your iPad mini
Part VI: The Part of Tens
Chapter 18: Ten Appetizing (And Free) Apps
Chapter 19: Ten Apps Worth Paying For
Chapter 20: Ten Hints, Tips, and Shortcuts