Your one-stop resource for mastering extensions and customizations in Jira 7
About This Book
- Explore the new features of JIRA 7 and best practices for agile development and integration with development tools
- Customize the look and feel of your JIRA UI to match your specific user needs
- Create seamless reports that make sense of your data through easy-to-use techniques
Who This Book Is For
If you are a JIRA developer or administrator, or a project manager who wants to fully exploit the exciting capabilities of JIRA, then this is the perfect book for you.
What You Will Learn
- Create and deploy your own JIRA plugins
- Manipulate workflows to transform JIRA into a user friendly system
- Create custom reports that show statistics for particular people, projects, versions, or other fields within issues
- Simplify reporting by writing your own JIRA gadgets, which can be added into a user’s dashboard
- Master database handling by extending and retrieving custom field details from the database.
- Deal with custom fields on an issue and program custom field options
- Use the REST, SOAP, or XML/RPC interfaces to communicate with JIRA
JIRA provides issue and project tracking for software development teams to improve code quality and the speed of development. With the new version of JIRA, you can create your own JIRA plugins and customize the look and feel of your JIRA UI.
JIRA 7.x Development Cookbook is a one-stop resource to master extensions and customizations in JIRA. This book starts with recipes on simplifying the plugin development process followed by recipes dedicated to the plugin framework. Move on to writing custom field plugins to create new field types or custom searchers, and learn how to program and customize workflows to transform JIRA into a user-friendly system. With so much data spanning across different projects and issues, you’ll find coverage of how to work on reports and gadgets to get customized data according to your needs. At the end of the book, you will learn how to customize JIRA by adding new tabs, menus, and web items; communicate with JIRA via the REST, SOAP, or XML/RPC interfaces; and work with the JIRA database.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Plugin Development Process
Chapter 2. Understanding the Plugin Framework
Chapter 3. Working with Custom Fields
Chapter 4. Programming Workflows
Chapter 5. Gadgets and Reporting in JIRA
Chapter 6. The Power of JIRA Searching
Chapter 7. Programming Issues
Chapter 8. Customizing the UI