Kali Linux 2 Assuring Security by Penetration Testing, 3rd Edition
Achieve the gold standard in penetration testing with Kali using this masterpiece, now in its third edition!
About This Book
- Get a rock-solid insight into penetration testing techniques and test your corporate network against threats like never before
- Formulate your pentesting strategies by relying on the most up-to-date and feature-rich Kali version in town―Kali Linux 2 (aka Sana).
- Experience this journey with new cutting-edge wireless penetration tools and a variety of new features to make your pentesting experience smoother
Who This Book Is For
If you are an IT security professional or a student with basic knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, including an awareness of information security factors, and you want to use Kali Linux for penetration testing, this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Find out to download and install your own copy of Kali Linux
- Properly scope and conduct the initial stages of a penetration test
- Conduct reconnaissance and enumeration of target networks
- Exploit and gain a foothold on a target system or network
- Obtain and crack passwords
- Use the Kali Linux NetHunter install to conduct wireless penetration testing
- Create proper penetration testing reports
Kali Linux is a comprehensive penetration testing platform with advanced tools to identify, detect, and exploit the vulnerabilities uncovered in the target network environment. With Kali Linux, you can apply appropriate testing methodology with defined business objectives and a scheduled test plan, resulting in a successful penetration testing project engagement.
Kali Linux – Assuring Security by Penetration Testing is a fully focused, structured book providing guidance on developing practical penetration testing skills by demonstrating cutting-edge hacker tools and techniques with a coherent, step-by-step approach. This book offers you all of the essential lab preparation and testing procedures that reflect real-world attack scenarios from a business perspective, in today’s digital age.
Style and approach
This practical guide will showcase penetration testing through cutting-edge tools and techniques using a coherent, step-by-step approach.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Beginning with Kali Linux
Chapter 2: Penetration Testing Methodology
Chapter 3: Target Scoping
Chapter 4 : Information Gathering
Chapter 5: Target Discovery
Chapter 6: Enumerating Target
Chapter 7: Vulnerability Mapping
Chapter 8: Social Engineering
Chapter 9: Target Exploitation
Chapter 10: Privilege Escalation
Chapter 11: Maintaining Access
Chapter 12: Wireless Penetration Testing
Chapter 13: Kali Nethunter
Chapter 14: Documentation and Reporting
Appendix A: Supplementary Tools
Appendix B: Key Resources