KeyShot 3D Rendering
- Length: 124 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2012-12-26
- ISBN-10: 1849694826
- ISBN-13: 9781849694827
- Sales Rank: #2799757 (See Top 100 Books)
Showcase your 3D models and create hyperrealistic images with KeyShot in the fastest and most efficient way possible
- Create professional quality images from your 3D models in just a few steps.
- Thorough overview of how to work and navigate in KeyShot.
- A step-by-step guide that quickly gets you started with creating realistic images.
Creating realistic images has been always a meticulous process where setting up the stage is a long and complicated task. KeyShot has simplified this process by allowing us to have a greater amount of control and flexibility in all aspects of the rendering procedure.
“KeyShot 3D Rendering” provides a series of exercises with a detailed explanation of each part of the pipeline, from importing our model, to texturing, lighting, and rendering. In addition, the book covers in detail how to use all the necessary parameters inside KeyShot and also explains alternative methods to showcase your work.
“KeyShot 3D Rendering” starts with covering all the basic principles and fundamentals of how to work and navigate in KeyShot. Throughout the book, there will be exercises that will guide and help you to complete the chapter’s assignment. Also there will be an explanation of all the terms and parameters used in the exercise.
You will learn how to use HDRIs (High Dynamic Range Images) as the primary source for lighting and also how to incorporate backplate images into a scene. You will learn how to create your own materials, textures, and labels. Lastly this book covers camera functions, real-time settings to improve the workflow of your assignments, and also rendering properties
The exercises in the book will provide you with all the tools necessary to bring your models to life and set up your own environment. You will learn how to adjust overall properties accordingly to maximize rendering output
What you will learn from this book
- Importing projects and preferences.
- Understanding how material works.
- Creating your own materials for your projects.
- Use HDRIs for lighting and background.
- Duplicate, hide, and edit our models.
- Create your own cameras.
- Configure settings to increase overall workflow performance.
- Import and apply our own textures.
- Add special effects such as DOF and Vignette
- Retouching our work with third party applications
The book includes a series of step-by-step illustrated tutorials supported by a detailed explanation for each aspect of the 3D rendering procedure. Some of the procedures or steps may be omitted if they have been previously explained in an exercise or chapter.
Who this book is written for
“KeyShot 3D Rendering” is ideal for beginners and professionals who are involved with product development, entertainment, and industrial design. It is recommended for readers who already have some level of experience with 3D modelling, texturing, and rendering applications.